Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Sep. 28: Wit

Well once again did not get to this yesterday. After my epidural came home and went to bed. By the time I got up there was just to many things to attend to, plus my brain cells were still effected by whatever it is that the doctor uses to knock me out. Wit is something that is not always easy for me. It tends to come acrossed as sarcastic. In the try this section is to either compose a letter in which you combine intelligence with a lively, animated style; or write a profile of a character possessed of great wit (intelligence + cleverness + animated personality). That is the idea for my character of Ginny in the story I'm working on which is currently called Emma's story. She is to be a middle-aged sophisicated career woman who is happy in her life after years of struggle. She meets Emma at an AA meeting (Emma's first). Ginny has several years (15+) of sobriety. It will be her sophisication and wit that ultimately win Emma over and also help her and Emma get through some trying times.
That's what I would like to be able to write. Not the profile but the actual witty remarks that demonstrate the profile in the story. This is something that I struggle with.

No comments:

Post a Comment