Monday, October 5, 2009

Oct 2: "Masked Woman in a Wheelchair, PA"

Forgot to take my book home over the weekend so am very quickly going to try to catch up. Loved this meditation. One of the things about being a therapist is to try to get folks to drop their masks of denial and work with the reality of their addiction. I know that throughout my life I have used a wardrobe of masks. There is a writing (not certain that it is a poem) about the fact that we all wear masks. The author in the "try this" section of today's meditation asks us to list our masks and then write an essay about why you wear them and two to write a story about a man who likes to dress as a woman (or vice versa) for Halloween. Explore the psychological impulses behind your character's desire to do so. Of course I will not have time to explore either of those today but maybe later in my little composition book.

No comments:

Post a Comment