Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Oct 6: Wild and Crazy Ideas

Todays meditation is on not ignoring or arbitrarily discarding an idea just because it seems wild and crazy to you. The author reminds us that history is full of ideas that seemed outrageous and unbelieveable at the time. He also shares that wild and crazy ideas can be fun to conjure up just for their own sake. For me personally just the idea of writing would seem to some as a really wild idea, but then the idea of returning to school at the age of 45 was also seen as a crazy idea by some. Fortunately, I have stopped letting other people's opinions dictate my actions. I have always enjoyed learning and hope I always will.
The "try this" section today say "take your wildest and craziest short-story or essay idea and work it into a complete first draft. Set it aide to incubate for a couple of weeks, and then revised as you see fit, taking care to retain its craziness". Right now am going to have to move this one to the old composition book also because I have sat here for 30 minutes and nothing comes to mind. Well that isn't exactly accurate nothing has not come to mind that I have not already read. The only thing that really even pops into my head would need much more research to even move to the first draft point.

No comments:

Post a Comment